February 19, 2022 by Arden Montgomery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 oz. cleaned and thinly sliced button, Crimini or Shiitake mushrooms (or a combination)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup 2019 Domaine de la Tour Vieille Banyuls “Rimage” more as needed
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock, more as needed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
- 2-4 chicken cutlets
- Bread crumbs
- Sunflower oil
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Prepare the chicken cutlets by seasoning with salt and pepper. Cover the cutlets in flour and then drench in the whisked eggs. Line a baking sheet with the breadcrumb mixture. Pat the chicken cutlets on both sides with the breadcrumbs mixture. You can leave the cutlets on the baking sheet until ready to cook in the pan.
Heat the olive oil in the skillet with plenty of fresh ground pepper, a dash of salt and red pepper flakes. Add the mushrooms and shallots and cook until the mushrooms are tender and beginning to brown. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Stir in the stock and heat for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and swirl in the butter until melted.
Heat a skillet with sunflower oil. Cook the cutlets in the oil for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and pour the sauce from the skillet over the chicken. You can bring the sauce back to a simmer to keep it warm before plating. Garnish with chervil or parsley and serve.
Pair with 2016 Eraldo Borgogno Barolo!